View Single Post
Old
12-19-2011, 12:19 PM
xMenace

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
Still don't know why he would rather go to the Q then play in the AHL. I mean our team was a couple games away from being the champs and are off to a hot start this year so he had a good chance to win here.
I can think of a few reasons.

The most obvious is he's selfish. Show me an NHLer that didn't put number 1 first?

Saint John is a fast, skilled team. IMHO they can compete with any team on the planet in a non-contact game. It pushes people just to play on this team, or it will come the stretch. It's been fairly low key so far due to injuries and championship hangover.

Saint John has elite coaching.

He'll play in all situations, and he'll play a lot. It's pretty much a sure thing. In the AHL he will have to work his way in to the lineup. I've seen good young players stumble in the AHL. It's a game of men, and even though he's a stud, he's still a kid. It's not a sure thing.

He will be pushed by the competition. There's a big-a$$ed wanted sign on Saint John's head after last year's successes. Teams get pumped up against them. They will even more down the stretch. Last year's Prez Cup finals rivaled any series I've ever seen, and the Mem Cup was a very tough win.

xMenace is offline   Reply With Quote