View Single Post
Old
11-04-2003, 01:34 PM
DEBASER

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8
This is false. Any "knowledgeable Hab fan" knows that the rebuilding doesn't *start* next year. The players are developing this year. They may be injected into the lineup next year, but there's already a significant amount of youth on the big club this year and the 'true rebuilding era' has been going on for several years now.

The team can't just forget about developing players because next year there'll be more room. Each and every player needs to be developed and given adequate ice time this season in order for them to even make the cut next season.
if you read the rest of my post you would have noticed that specifically stated that our prospects are improving regardless of whether or not they play in the NHL. I also stated that i thought management did a good job of getting the youth we have at the NHL level a permanent spot. but these changes happened slowly and we still have a lot of veterans on the team. every team makes these kind of changes without calling it 'rebuilding'. for example, is Dallas 'rebuilding' because they have added kapanen and meittinen in consecutive years? I think we are getting our terms mixed up. i believe we have laid the foundation for a rebuilding stage, but i personally don't consider it rebuilding until we actually rely on youth to be our best players, which i don't think is the case this year. next year the rebuilding stage will be in full effect at the NHL level when a lot of young players will be forced to takeover the rolls of departing vets.