View Single Post
Old
12-19-2011, 05:08 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1481
Quote:
DENVER _ Star center Claude Giroux skated with the Flyers for the second straight day in Denver on Monday and continued to make strides in his recovery from a Dec. 10 concussion.

Giroux skated for about 90 minutes total _ about an hour longer than the regulars _ and said he felt good.

“It’s a process. You want to test yourself a little bit more every day,” Giroux said, adding he has to push it “a little harder to get back in shape. But it was a good test today and it felt pretty good. If there are no symptoms, I don’t see why you can’t push yourself. I had a good skate with the boys today.”

Giroux, who is tied with for the NHL scoring lead with 39 points, has missed the last three games.

“I told myself when I go back on the ice, I’m going to skate hard. I have a habit to go hard, and that’s what I’m trying to do,” he said.

The 23-year-old center was asked if there was any chance he could play Wednesday in Dallas.

“I don’t think about that kind of stuff right now,” he said. “I go day by day, and it’s two more days for that game. If I’m ready to go, I’m ready to go. If it’s the Rangers (Friday), good. If it’s after Christmas, I don’t see why to push it. It’s December.”
Read more: http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/i...#ixzz1h1bRsXCY
------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
DENVER -- Claude Giroux skated a hard 90 minutes Monday at Pepsi Center and says he continues to have good days in succession.

He is recovering from a concussion suffered on Dec. 10 against Tampa Bay.

“It’s progress and you want to test yourself a little bit more every day,” Giroux said. “Obviously, in Colorado it’s a little harder to get back in shape (thin air). But it was a good test to see where I was. I felt good.”

He has not had any hard contact with other players yet. The Flyers meet the Colorado Avalanche tonight.

As for the 90-minute workout...

“If there’s no symptoms, I see no reason why not to push yourself,” Giroux said. “I told myself when I got back on the ice, I wasn’t going on and just cruise about the ice. I want to skate hard. I have a habit of going hard every shift.”
http://www.csnphilly.com/blog/flyers...228&feedID=704

----------------------------------------------------------

December 19 update: "out indefinitely."

Source: Wayne Fish citing Holmgren.

Last edited by MiamiScreamingEagles: 12-19-2011 at 07:09 PM.
MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote