Thread: Thomas Hickey
View Single Post
Old
12-19-2011, 06:31 PM
Vortex

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
No, not alarming at all. Yeah, he's undersized but he's really improved on getting stronger and playing solid defense. You also have to remember that he was injured for a couple of seasons so, you have to factor that in to the equation.

Yeah, he's been a disappointment, but I still think he has good upside and I expect for his scoring to pick up.
Injuries are going to happen when you are an undersized defenseman. That's why you don't draft them with a lottery pick unless they are a clear-cut pick above everyone else. Taking Hickey at #4 is and always has been a huge gamble that more and more looks like a colossal error.

P.S. does anyone remember how much noise Lombardi made after that pick? It was an extremely arrogant, look-at-how-smart-I-am comment about how when he was in San Jose he was forced to draft Zyuzin because he was the consensus #1 Defenseman even though he personally knew that Derek Morris was the better player? ...And that he didn't want to make the same mistake twice - thus the drafting of Hickey in front of Alzner even though Alzner was the consensus better player? Well how exactly did that work out Lombardi?

Vortex is offline   Reply With Quote