View Single Post
Old
12-19-2011, 08:53 PM
Sokil
Ukraine Specialitsky

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfanz View Post
Pat Quinn was a good coach as was Pat Burns. Those two guys brought Toronto closer to the holy grail than anybody else in my lifetime. Quinn was a decent GM too. I gotta say...this duo of Burke/Wilson are making me laugh....they are so arrogant and cocky and spinning their wheels. For the most part Leafs Nation is deserving of these two ****....constantly defending them for being crass, obnoxious and egotistical. These guys will bring Toronto zero results. Even a playoff appearance seems more and more unlikely as the season wears on.... They are still in the thick of it but as many pointed out... the way they are playing will soon catch up to them. And those were correct. The sked was fairly easy up until recently..and those were correct....Can't be carried by two guys all the year long...and they were correct. The team is in a Downward spiral...and those were correct. All these obvious signs were right in front of us but many refused to acknowledge them, all the while berating and calling out posters who suggested such bold predictions. Leafs are but a .500 team and if they don't start to improve on some of their sloppy, offense-first style of play, may find themselves in the same postion of years past. Playing catchup, feverishly trying to get into the top 8.

With the speak of Wilson getting his extension now being reported, the future looks bleak, IMO. More of the same. There are coaches falling all around the Leafs but Ron Wilson will get another 3 years? Comical.
I wish there was a rep option on this board. I'd rep the heck outta ya.

Spot on.