View Single Post
Old
12-09-2005, 05:21 PM
Higgy4

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcastro
It's a dangerous argument to make when you say if Schneider makes X, then Lidstrom is worth X+2. By that logic you'd say well, since Bobby Holik makes 4.5 mil, and Williams and Zetterberg both have 3 times as many points as he does, then they should both make 3 times as much money. Or, if you prefer, it's like saying since Datsyuk makes 4 mil and Williams has more points, Williams should make more than 4 mil. That's instead of saying that Datsyuk should make less, or whatever combination you want.

If they gave Lidstrom a one year deal for 4 mil, I might not mind so much. But I have a bad feeling that Holland will offer him a 3 year 15 mil deal or something like that, and by the end of it it will just be sad for everyone.
Yeah, I agree that 3 years at 15 million is too much. I am hoping for 2 years for around 8 million.

And my comparison between Schneider and Lids can be made in this case because they are on the same team. It would be a dangerous comparison using players from different teams. But if the Wings feel Schneider is worth 3.5, then I would imagine paying Lidstrom 4 million is right about where they think he should be. Although I think they overpaid a tad bit for Schneider too.