View Single Post
Old
12-20-2011, 06:40 AM
The Mentalist
A Hockey Mentalist

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveV View Post
I must say, Eakins came off a tad ambitious with that interview, purposely contrasting his philosophy with the big club. I bet the brass took notice. Just waiting for some press guy to ask Wilson why they don't employ the Marlies system?
Wilson and Eakins do communicate, remember Wilson saying earlier in the year they go over strategies together. I'm sure Wilson knows what the Marlies do, either he is too stubborn to change after 20 years of coaching or he is simply oblivious to it isn't working. Eakins wants aggression, Wilson wants passive PK. Disagree about sounding ambitious to me, it was the Maclean and Kipper pressing him on commenting on the Leafs PK, he was just stating his coaching philosphy, he tried to not talk about the Leafs to avoid the appearance of critiquing Wilson. But one thing I really liked about the interview is the aggressive approach he preaches on the PK and challenging the PP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreMogilny View Post
It was 1st for one year.

In San Jose:

1st
14th
23rd
7th
30th

Average: 15th
Thanks, I posted these same stats before, when the #1 PK is brought up. It's a mixed bag really. Regardless it's been awful since he's been here.

Last edited by The Mentalist: 12-20-2011 at 06:51 AM.
The Mentalist is offline   Reply With Quote