View Single Post
Old
11-04-2003, 01:53 PM
turnbuckle*

vCash: 500
Sorry guys, but I can in no way agree with posters that contend that Hossa and Hainsey should play no matter what, as if the season is already a writeoff or something.

Hossa had a whopping 1 goals and 1 assist playing on what has perhaps been viewed as the Habs' top line. That's not good enough.

Apparently, Ryder will be replacing him on the first line. What the hell is wrong with that? And as for Sundstrom, is he just expected to rot on the bench? Most would agree that we've sucked the past few games, and that changes should be made. I for one think that Ryder deserves to be playing on the second line ahead of Hossa, who IMO may need another season in the minors. Hell; it was only last spring that he was having trouble cracking the Hamilton Bulldog's playoff lineup; now he's supposed to be our top line left winger because he's young and was a first round draft pick? Nope - I'd rather try to at least make the playoffs thank you. I'm not ready to give up on Sunny. There were more than a few games after his trade to Montreal where he was one of the club's top forward's last spring, and two seasons ago he was one of the top two-way forwards in the game. Put it this way - Sundstrom has a helluva lot more on his NHL resume than Hossa at this point, and I still think he is a better all-around player than Dackell, and will reaffirm iit by season's end.

BTW - I'm in favour of Audette being sat out/traded/demoted/whatever any time soon, but ther has been a concerted effort on his part the past few games to actually try. He may be starting to get it - he has to work. If the club is indeed stuck with him, then he (and his $3M salary), whether we like it or not, have to be given plenty of opportunities to regain his old scoring touch. If by the 25 game mark he has less than five goals and twelve points, it should be politely pointed out to him that he should seriously consider retiring.