Thread: Confirmed with Link: Jacques Martin Fired V2.0
View Single Post
Old
12-20-2011, 08:53 AM
Jigger77

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaMMuT View Post
I just dont see how this will make us a better team.

It seems to me as if it's a panic type of decision so that PG covers his ass and doesn't get fired.

Why would you fire a vet coach, to replace him with a n00b coach that doesn't even speak french (yeah I know it's all politics) and the guy will not increase our chances of getting more wins or even making the playoffs anymore.

So either some trades are going to happen, or PG doesn't care if we make the playoffs or not this year. I dont see how this move is gonna make us compete better it sounds like we have to restart from 0 now.

I sense a cleanup or something major because this doesn't make sense to me
To me, it's like they told me as a fan, "we're giving up on this season but we're not sure what the plan is exactly yet". Bush league. I really think had they been more patient, getting bodies back and working out the PP they'd be in the playoffs and who knows with the return of a guy like Markov that could be the spark to actually do something in the postseason.

You could sense things were starting to look up in December.

Not only that, but I think the coaching change actually took the wind out of the players. I think they liked JM as a coach a lot more than people think. Just look at the body language before the firing and after.

Brutal. Just plain brutal. At this point get GM and his circus act the **** out of here.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote