View Single Post
Old
12-09-2005, 08:49 PM
Higgy4

vCash: 500
-Great game by Zetterberg. Probably the best game I have ever seen him play. He was all over the place and could have easily had 3-4 goals.

-Lidstrom was solid tonight with 3 points. Was great positionally as usual. Took a hooking call, but I thought he played very well. Seemed to be looking to shoot much more tonight...which is a good thing.

-Datsyuk with a beauty to give the Wings the lead. Sure...the shorthanded tally was his man, but sometimes other teams players hustle more than you do. You cant win every battle for the puck. I thought that Datsyuk was trying to get back into the play just fine, but the Caps simply worked hard to get that goal. Also, I got a tad nervous after that ugly knee on knee hit from Eminger. But Datsyuk got right up and stayed on the ice for the insuing PP. Whew.

-Osgood was solid, if unspectacular. Made some key saves and I dont think any of the goals can really be attributed to him.

-Cleary was the Wings 2nd best forward on the ice tonight, in my opinion. Never stops moving his legs and I thought he looked good playing with Shanny and Datsyuk as well.

-Chelios has quietly been very solid for the Wings for quite awhile now. He is playing very good defense on a consistent basis.

-Jiri Hudler needs to be sent back to Grand Rapids. He is absolutely WASTED dressing for the Wings. 2:58 in ice time! Bring up another warm body or insert Mark Mowers or Jamie Rivers for stuff like that. I am pretty upset about this.

-All in all a good game for the Wings. The Caps really worked hard all night and played a tough, tough game.