Thread: Ben Eager
View Single Post
Old
12-10-2005, 02:14 AM
BobbyClarkeFan16

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedifr
I will maybe give you Umberger for development reasons. And Handzus is always underated by people on this board (he is the best player on this team not named Peter or Simon)

However,

Kapanen > Sim any day of the week and about 50 times on Sunday!!!!

Sim has 7 goals when he had 6 in like the first 10 games. He should be a 4th liner at best. I honestly rather have seen them keep Sharp and lose Sim. Kapanen used to be a consistent 55-65 point scorer in this league until he started battling some injuries. He never seemed to be the same after a serious wrist injury he had in Carolina. The new rules and more time with an offensive line could only help him and I think he could be a 50 point, solid 2nd liner for a year or two. I havent seen the last few games so I dont know what the lines have looked like but when healthy I assume they are going to keep Gagne Forsberg Knuble together. I would like to see Handzus Richards Kapanen, and Umberger Carter Rado which has looked pretty good.

I'm just not convinced we have enough offense on this team. We're a one line team with very little secondary scoring. I would love for us to chase down some talent to fill out the 2nd line. I wonder what it would take to get Havlat out of Ottawa. He could be absolutely dizzying in Philadelphia.