View Single Post
Old
12-10-2005, 10:34 AM
Pred303

vCash: 500
GDT: Game #27 12/10 Predators @ Tampa Bay 7:00CST

i'll start it..

the type of game/situation where the preds probably aren't expected to win... Tampa Bay red hot, 8-1-1 in their last 10.. first game after the Vokoun, Legwand injuries, lots of unanswered questions about new lines for the preds going in... first look at Beech, who not only steps in for his first game, but steps in as the probable first line center... Mason for the first time in his career, looking at a stretch of games where he's not Vokoun's backup, but instead is the man with the burden on his shoulders for 6-7 straight games to carry the team... shakeup in the 1st pp unit that has been winning games for us recently here with Legwand out..

lots of questions tonight..

see where trotz has said his intent is to keep the harts-perreault-sully line together, and fit beech in between kariya and erat...or in between upshall and hall (read into this, if he doesn't think beech is playing well enough to center the first line that fiddler will get a shot instead)

all of these unknowns and questions means one thing..tonight is a big game for the pred nation.. find a way to play well and steal a win here and think of the confidence gained by the team... lose weakly and watch the momentum swing the other way.. that's why it's a key game more than anything else

wonder how trotz will shake up the 1st pp unit tonight?... beech either steps straight into legwand's job there.. or do we see perreualt?.. or do we see sully-kariya-hartnell up front on the first unit instead?.. beech has scored most of his goals in Milwaukee this year on the pp.. i think trotz gives him a look.. interested in seeing if beech can use his size up here, and how he can play defensively in this league, and if he can win faceoffs...

also interested in seeing mason's game...seeing how he adapts to being looked at to hold the fort down for a long stretch of games.. he's got to be nervous about it, needs to play well early you feel to settle in.. preds defense needs to be really sharp early and limit TB's early good chances and let him work his way into the game and situation in my mind

and so, it becomes a key game, and one i dread and look forward to all at the same time

Last edited by Pred303: 12-10-2005 at 01:24 PM.