Thread: Ben Eager
View Single Post
Old
12-10-2005, 11:37 AM
Coburnfan05

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16
Yeah, but who does Kappy play with? His offensive game is done. He had those good seasons in Carolina, but comes here and becomes a defensive stalwart because his offensive game went south. Is it worth putting Kappy on a scoring line at the expense of Umberger or Sim or Handzus? To be honest, it really isn't.

Maybe I'm in the minority around here, but I would love to see us get an impact winger who can score goals and is a first line winger. We can then bump Knuble to the 2nd line and maybe we can see some more goals scored by the secondary and tertiary lines. We aren't seeing that right now and that's our biggest problem.

Yeah, we're good defensively, but we should be scoring more than 3.81 goals a game (103 goals in 27 games) with the talent we have.
Obviously he is not a 30 goal scorer but he is more gifted offensively then Sim and Umberger.

I like Sim as an energy guy, a good plug on the 4th line and Umberger while I think he will turn out to be a solid 2 way player is not exactly an offensive dynamo.

Therfore I think using Kappy as a 2nd line winger and letting Umberger develop a solid defensive game this team would be better suited for the present and the future.