View Single Post
Old
11-04-2003, 04:17 PM
Edge

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGERDIEHARD
I'll respond by saying this; we are talking about the Rangers who play for NEW YORK CITY not the Florida Panthers. New York sports fans are very demanding - as soon as things start to go bad they complain and boo. There is preasure to win NOW in New york that we the fans and the New York media has created. In addition we havn't made the playoffs in 6 freakin' years, do you really think that they are going to start the "youth movement" now. Besides how much do you want to bet that IF by some wild fantasy the Rangers decided to adopt a youth movement that the fans would still boo and the media would still complain after a couple of weeks. I can just see it now; Larry Brooks from the Post writes - "Rangers miss playoffs for 7th straight year but at least we have youth".......Yeah right.
I dunno i think the ranger fans have been calling for a youth movement all year. most of the problems come in the fact that this team just wont do it and everytime they start THEY get antsy. bottom line is they are corporation that doesnt want to hurt their bottom line so they use the fans as an excuse. remember when the mets were trying to retool in the mid 90's with their young pitchers? new yorkers will buy into a youth movement, so long as it's not a mirage.