View Single Post
Old
12-21-2011, 01:18 PM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejaculine View Post
I think you're missing the point of why he should be in the lineup. He's the only one with a physical presence, the only one which would make an opponent think twice about cutting to the net. None of our Dmen do that. They're all in a similar mold, Weber, Diaz, Kaberle, Campoli, Subban, all puck moving Dmen. There's no need to have 5 similar defensemen playing at the same time. And appart from Subban, they're all pretty soft.

Emelin brings intimidation, which non of our D bring.... at all. Anyway that is my take on it. He doesn't necessarily play better than any of them, but he does bring something new, that we desperately need.
No, I get the gist of why everyone wants him in the lineup... His hits excite fans and it's assumed it means he's playing well.

I don't particularily think he's been very good except for a handful of games, he's struggled a lot more than he's played well.

That's not to say that I think he's garbage, I think he's got an excellent future...I just don't agree with the sentiment that he's being mistreated. He's the teams #7 dman right now and I think that's a fairly accurate reflection of his play so far, it could be argued he should play before Gill, but I understand why Gill is in the lineup every night.

417 is offline   Reply With Quote