View Single Post
Old
12-21-2011, 02:08 PM
CGG

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
Sigh. Emelin can't play the right side.

He'd have to bump off Kaberle (ha!), Gorges (lol), or Gill to make the roster. I think he has to bump Gill off sooner or later, but he cannot bump off Diaz.

He's caught in a numbers game right now.
This gets lost amongst all the whining but is bang on. Emelin did not look good in the few games he had to play on the right side (filling in for Diaz). He's probably getting a crash course on how to play on the right side in practice, but for now Cunney is more comfortable with Diaz on his natural side than Emelin on his wrong side.

The issue will get forced when Markov comes back and becomes the third must-be left defenseman. Kabs, Markov and Gill are all locks on the left, so it has to be the plan to ease Emelin in on the right side, and likely partnered with Markov. I still think Campoli ends up traded when Markov comes back.

Gorges can move to the right side no problem. But to do that now would ruin the only decent pairing we have in Gorges-Subban.

Oh the drama! Cunneyworth ruined the team by benching a rookie! Emelin is leaving for sure because he got benched for a game in December!

I wonder how many people would be claiming that Diaz is going to go back to Europe next year (or mysteriously end up in Boston???) if he was in fact benched for Emelin.

CGG is offline   Reply With Quote