View Single Post
Old
12-21-2011, 02:34 PM
Gumballhead

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bohlmeister View Post
We could REALLY use Quincey tonight. Poor decision by Sacco.

Not expecting a win tonight, but the team has played well. The only times we have really looked bad are on nights when the effort isn't there. Must be frustrating for the coaching staff. I think Giggy's meeting at center ice was a big turning point for the team. No clue what he would have said, but the team seems to have stopped playing like they want the coach fired, and started to play for each other. Either way, Giggy was an excellent signing. Perfect fit.
I would rather have Quincey back in there, but I am okay with Hunwick getting a pat on the back after sitting almost the entire season. At some point we had to see how he'd be on this version of the team, and having two speedy D hasn't hurt us so far. Why not let him play one more game and let Quincey sit and rest a bit more? I also love that Quincey really wants back in.

The real question, and one I hope we face soon, is what to do when Wilson comes back. I don't think we'll see Elliott sitting very often while he's on the big club. He's certainly had his share of rookie mistakes, but he's got a skillset we definitely don't have otherwise on the blue line.

Gumballhead is offline   Reply With Quote