Old
12-21-2011, 02:41 PM
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
No it doesn't.

If Martin was consistent about one team it was that fourth-liners didn't get to play much. People whine about Darche's icetime, but at that point Darche was the #9 forward on the club and was on the third line alongside Eller, and Martin was using Eller as a tough-minutes defensive center. Darche ended up with a lot of icetime because Martin trusted Eller and Darche happened to be on Eller's wing.

Cunneyworth, OTOH, had Moen available, bumping Darche down to #10 on the depth chart, safely on the fourth line with Nokelainen and Blunden. What Cunneyworth did was not the same as Martin. He didn't use Eller as a tough-minutes center with Darche just along for the ride. He benched the Eller line halfway through the third and gave big minutes to his fourth line. I can only speculate about his motivations, but it seems Cunneyworth did this because he believed Blunden-Nokelainen-Darche would help him come back and win the game.

If there's one thing we learned about Martin, it's that he would never believe that.
You missed my point. I wasnt saying Cunneyworth is being like Martin. I said that Gauthier is dictating to Carriere what he wants done with regard to personnel and ice time.

Cunneyworth is simply "there".

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote