View Single Post
Old
12-21-2011, 03:00 PM
LePoche69

vCash: 500
I'm a bit amazed by how most people think that benching Emelin is such a dumb idea.

I mean come on, I too like the guy, but it's not like they were benching a Norris candidate! I mean, Habs weren't better when he was in the lineup.

And I'm amazed how people think they know better than Martin, Cunneyworth, Pern, Ladouceur, etc, who all thought Emelin wasn't ready to play on a regular basis. Come on, those guys played and coached the game with success. And yet we're supposed to know better rthan them how to win a game?

Am I the only one finding Emelin very slow to react in his own territory and having tough time making a first pass? Beside Campoli who just came back of an injury after not having a real Training Camp, I found Emelin to be the worse d-man on the team. Gill is worse in some aspects, but at least he does something on the PK and is a leader.

Beside Hitting hard, I don't think Emelin has been very good. I would still give him the year as a schooling, but we must get real. We're talking about a 5-6-7 d-man who gets benched! Nothing to write home about!

LePoche69 is offline   Reply With Quote