View Single Post
Old
12-21-2011, 03:44 PM
SouthernHab

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
All fair points. But that doesn't mean Gauthier doesn't like physical players or defensemen. Guys who are known for physical play AND who are good all around defensemen don't grow on trees and teams tend to want to keep them.

Emelin is physical, but there are other areas they believe he needs improving in (regardless of whether you agree with that or not that is what they think). They aren't benching him because they think he's too physical. They are benching him because they believe he needs to work on other aspects of his game.
Emelin is not the Saviour of the Habs. And I would be foolish to believe that.

He does add to the dimension missing in our D....toughness and can hit. He makes occasional mistakes (just like our other players) but is overall a player who has shown significant improvement.

I dont think that Gauthier/Carriere sit around and say "Lets press box Emelin because he is too tough". That would be foolish on my part as well. However, Gauthier's inability to identify, recognize and understand what is missing from our D is just as glaring and wrong as if he did it intentionally.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote