Old
11-04-2003, 06:00 PM
gohabsgo2010

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to gohabsgo2010
Post Game Thread - Oilers 4 Habs 2

Oilers - 4 Habs -2

Well, what can we say.

Sheldon Souray is the Habs best defenceman.
He Shoots the Puck -> 11 Shots on Net
Souray leads the Habs in Goals. -> 5
Souray with a pair of big hits. -> Impressive

Stars.

3. Reasoner
2. Souray
1. Salo

ESPN Game Stats

--------------

As other posters have stated time and time again, we have a spoonful of players that consistently show up. If you were to ask me, I would tell you that Souray, Ward (payed the price for blocking a shot), Bégin, Koivu, and, possibly Ryder and Kilger, are the select group of Habs who are consistently up for every game.

Kilger was one of our better players tonight from what I can gather. He went to the net on Souray's second goal, and succesfully directed the Oiler's attention towards himself, setting up Sheldon for the blast. On that same powerplay, Kilger was buzzing around the net and nearly banged home a goal for himself, too. With his play tonight, he has showed that either him or Bulis maybe able to play on all three of the top lines. If Chad can consistently put forth a strong game, whether it be beside Juneau, Koivu, or Ribeiro, he makes us a much better team.

Poor Audette. He seems to work, only to have a string of bad plays bring his confidence down to a level so low that it makes him unable to function as a hockey player. If it were not against the rules, Donald would have been bought out already.

Julien seems to be fed up, too. Markov and Rivet were both under 17:00 of ice time tonight, Hossa was scratched, and Bulis played under 12:00 (although, this may have been due to his injury).

I think we will see Koivu back in the line-up on Friday, and we will see a fresh face by the time we're ready to play outdoors in Edmonton. I have a feeling his name begins with a Steve and ends with a Thomas, but that's probably just my own personal pipe dream.

Time to regroup, again. The boys will be skating (or running!) hard tomorrow.