View Single Post
Old
11-04-2003, 06:41 PM
Kluivert4Ever

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGERDIEHARD
11 games in, 13 points, 1 point out of 1st place and get this.....our make shift defense has given up only 22 goals in 11 games. Only 2 other teams have given up less goals and one of them has played 2 less games than us. It just goes to show you that if the entire team is on the same page, plays within the system and is disciplined then you can achieve great things. I know it's very early and recent history suggests this is where we go on a losing streak but hey - I'm convinced we can at the very least make the playoffs IF we are consistent and continue to play the way we have for the ENTIRE season. I will go to bed a happy Ranger fan tonight, the happiest I've been with this team in quite some time.

I agree in alot of games we have shown great defence but in a bit to many games for my liking we have been relying to much on our goaltender.
Like the 3rd periods against the Avs and Stars and the entire game vs the Habs.
However in the games against Detroit,Ducks for example we played good D for 3 periods if we can continue to keep the goals down due to good defence rather then hot goaltending I guarantee we make the playoffs however that task is easier said then done....