View Single Post
Old
12-21-2011, 11:56 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanky View Post
I haven't heard much about him. Have you heard about any flaws in his game? Poor skating or lacking vision? I'm just wondering why he hasn't been rated higher.
I haven't seen him outside of YouTube. From what I can see, his skating stride isn't pretty by any means. It's a little hunched over and choppy. Doesn't seem to hurt his ability to get into scoring position or back check effectively. I think because Kelowna is so shallow, he gets top minutes five on five, pp, and PK. He has McColgan on one wing and Bulmer on the other. I think some folks might be inclined to say his stats are inflated as a result. Still, from what I understand, its his pro style game that stands out. Works angles effectively in the defensive zone, separates guys from the puck, gets it out in a hurry, works hard in the offensive zone, knows how to get into good position, is willing to pay the process to get there, works hard, will fight, hit and score in the clutch. Just seems like a kid who "gets it". The question is whether he will be Kyle Chipchura ot Brendan Morrow.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote