View Single Post
Old
12-22-2011, 08:50 AM
seafoam
Halcyon Days

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by acrethrills View Post
Ziggy knows his stuff, there's no doubt about that. Summed up JJ in four paragraphs.

I like Grabner, but a player in the midst of a sophomore slump (not the worst one in history, but I think it still qualifies) doesn't just instantly add offense. Grabner has been shipped out from Van and Fla in the last 16 months, and we can see where those teams are in the standings currently. How is HIS defensive play? I actually am personally more interested in P.A. Parenteau, as he just seems to be able to create offence. 15 assists this year through 30 games, he could get a guy like DB or Kopi going.

Los Angeles recieves

Grabner
Parenteau

Islanders recieve

Johnson
3rd round draft choice 2012
Grabner is not terrible defensively, he was on the PK last year and had a bunch of short handed goals and was magic with Frans. By no means is he a stud defensively, but is not a liabilty with the ice time he gets.

As far as your proposal, I think that seems about right, maybe Garth would want the third upgraded to a second, but it seems fair nonetheless. The only problem, is two of our top six fowards are being shipped away, maybe Lombardi would be willing to send Penner as a cap dump instead of the pick. I know he is crap but we would need someone to fill in for our losses

P.A. Parenteau
Micheal Grabner

For

Jack Johnson
Dustin Penner
6th round pick

????

seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote