View Single Post
Old
12-22-2011, 08:58 AM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by franchise player View Post
Wow, that was one heck of a dumb thing to say...
Why? Our greatest quality is that we show up. Otherwise we're obnoxious, entitled, and turn on the team more often than we change our bedsheets.

Go to the Bell Centre and tell me we have good fans. It's a bunch of malcontents who'd rather be elsewhere waiting for "their" team to make a mistake so they can be even angrier. In Nashville you have a crowd that gives their team a standing O during TV timeouts to try to get them back in the game. Good luck trying to get our fans to even start a "go Habs go" chant if we're down by one.

And as for our "best" quality, the empty seats I've been seeing in person and on TV tells me we're not even as good at that as we claim to be. Toronto fans have been filling their rink for the past 7 years of Hell. A half season of crappy hockey here and people start skipping out on games. And then some have the gall to say it's because we have high standards.

So no, I don't think we're nearly as good a fan base as we so modestly claim to be. And if teams were assigned to fans based on merit, we've got the team we deserve.

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote