View Single Post
Old
12-22-2011, 09:04 AM
QcS

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotiaLeafs View Post
Ahahahahahahahahahaha have fun Gatineau! I say hes kicked off GAT by February 6th... Generous, I know.
bitter much?

Groulx wrote an article yesterday in the local paper in which we could read that he usually does his homework before making a trade, and even gauges his players' thoughts about the players coming in. It reassures me a bit concerning Clarke. He didn't have problems in Shawi.. i figure that if he gets back to that here, he'll help us out.

In general terms, i don,t think this trading deadline will be very active.. in fact, i now think it'll be pretty dead. You have a player like Pageau available, and practically no interest because teams now all seem to give up and let Shawi and St-John make it to the mem cup. Except for Québec, but they are also going the same route as St-John.. instead of trading for good players, they are buying them. I think Victo is giving up also.

It'll be good for the show on the ice to be represented by powerhouses like that, but it's bad for the league when only a few teams can dish out money and buy players like that. Too many current markets can not afford to compete with teams like Québec and Saint John financially.