View Single Post
Old
12-22-2011, 09:57 AM
eyeball11

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by somecut View Post
http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey...ri-a-long-look

Great article, sums up what a lot of us Kadri backers have been pleading for, and what the Burke/Leaf apologists on here seem to jump down our throats about.

The best part about the article is the talk about the Leaf braintrust being so obsessed with not making Kadri feel that he's a special player that theyve made it impossible, up to this point, for him to become a special player. Lets hope they keep him in the lineup and let him produce.
You tend to really set yourself up when you write like this.

I'm as big of a Kadri supporter as there is yet I also fully support taking our time with him and only bringing him along when he's ready. Two of the best teams in the league at consistently developing forwards are Philadelphia and Detroit. Know what they do? They let them mature and prove they can dominate at lower levels and even then, when they bring them up, they put them in 3rd line roles until they've proven they belong higher up.

Of course, Toronto would never want to emulate Philly or Detroit, now would they? What truly gets me is how many people will complain about rushing our players or trading them away yet can't hold their attention spans for a millisecond.

eyeball11 is offline   Reply With Quote