View Single Post
Old
11-04-2003, 06:15 PM
Ozy_Flame

vCash: 500
I'm not sure I get it, Darth. If Kobe couldn't fetch a top-nine forward, then how come Aaron Asham could fetch a Czerkawski and (generally speaking) Spezza, a raw prospect at the time, fetch an Alexei Yashin? You've gotta explain yourself a little bit on this one. Please tell me again why Kobasew is suddenly worthless? I know he's only played 36 games in the NHL, but c'mon! Cut the kid some slack! He's done nothing to make his value fall, and is only improving his game from here on in. In fact, he's on pace for a Hemsky-esque 40 point season!

I would think you'd be a little more fair regarding the development of prospects; how long did it take for Dipietro, the number one pick in 2000, to even start playing regularly, let alone start playing good? What about Raffi Torres? Or even Mattias Weinhandl?

I think you're severely underrating Kobasew as a prospect, whose sole value is based on potential. I'm not discrediting your knowledge as a poster; you're well respected around here. However, it's just not fair to call Kobasew out as not even being worth 3rd line fodder.