View Single Post
Old
12-22-2011, 04:23 PM
SouthernHab

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LePoche69 View Post
Really, I'm confused. You guys make me reconsider the last 35 years during which I watched and played hockey a lot... Beside hitting, at what Emelin is good exactly?

I'm not saying he won't be good, I'm saying that beside Campoli, he was the worse d-man on the team. Gill wasn't really better, I agree, but he's a beast on the PK and a leader. I don't like what I see from Campoli, but the guy is a ligitimate NHLer who has been hurt, so at least he deserves a chance.

Emelin is slow to react, more often than not taken in bad position, takes bad decisions when covering the opponents, have problems making an outlet pass, brings absolutly nothing offensively and have hard times communicating efdficiently with his partner. I simply can't believe that people can't see that. He was good for 2 or 3 games, not much. People should forget a bit the hits and watch the other aspects of the game.

Now... I agree that the other d-men of the team are not stellar and that the Habs could use to develop a physical young d-man. Don't worry, it will come pretty fast...
This I dont understand.

Hal Gill is simply a myth, a legend, a ghost. He has the worst +/- on the team yet he is constantly praised for his defense. He is hoisted as a "leader" yet what is he leading? Has he caused our DMen to step up their play? Has Subban excelled this year from having Hal Gill, "the leader", on the team?

Time for Gill to step aside. Hell, he should not have even been signed for this season. Gill is the past, Emelin is the future (maybe, with the treatment that he has gotten this year, Emelin may be the future for another team).

Piss poor asset management by Martin and Gauthier.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote