View Single Post
Old
11-04-2003, 06:41 PM
RE-HABS

vCash: 500
Any Gainey trade will involve a good prospect too.

The only way Bob Gainey is able to do any deal with out getting screwed over is he has to trade a valuable asset in return with a vet to get a quality player in return. Plus in all reality we all know that not every kid in Hamilton or in the Junior/College ranks and in Europe are going to make it in Montreal (let alone the NHL) or are going to be stars.

I would not be surprised to see Hossa involved in a deal with a vet, he isn't quite panning out like we all thought (not in Montreal any way) and he will never be the goal scorer we saw glimpses of in call-ups, and he won't be his brother that is for sure. But out of all the kids his trade value may be the highest because of the potential there, he can play but he needs a special coach to reach him, Julien couldn't do it in Hamilton and he can't do it in Montreal either.

Montreal as usual has always has the wingers but never have the centremen to feed the winges the puck to score. If a kid like Hossa is traded I hope he goes to the West because it is a trade that could bite us in the ass if he were to stay in the East.

I'm not one to panic and ask for trades, but if one were to happen I think everyone here has to wake up and realize that one of your favorite prospects may be involved.