View Single Post
Old
12-22-2011, 11:03 PM
SAKS AVENUE

vCash: 500
I'm thinking Pierre Lacroix as GM and Patrick Roy as coach tandem needs some serious thought.
First part of resume below is brilliant, last part stinks of riots in Montreal, or vice versa depending on how you look at it..........

"Lacroix (born August 3, 1948) is the President of the Colorado Avalanche of the National Hockey League. Lacroix is also the former General Manager of the Avalanche where he led them to two Stanley Cups during his tenure. He is known for his astute trades, such as his acquisition of Patrick Roy during the 1995–96 NHL season that led to a Cup that season and his trades for star defensemen Ray Bourque during the 1999–2000 NHL season and Rob Blake during the 2000–01 NHL season that also led to a Stanley Cup in 2001.
On March 8, 2006, a day before the NHL trade deadline, Pierre Lacroix traded goalie David Aebischer for 2002 Hart and Vezina trophy winner José Théodore. This trade was criticized in the local media at the time because Théodore was having a very bad season and was injured at the time of the trade. This criticism from media and fans continued at varying degrees throughout Théodore's short tenure with the Avalanche."

Now before we all self implode, you have to realize the Theo trade could have been really ugly if he went on to win a Stanley Cup with Avs. He didn't but you can't blame Pierre for trying. I think the relationship between Roy and Lacroix could bring the best out of both in Montreal.

I would say dump Gomez in the minors if we can't get rid of him. Trade Cammy for a first round pick at trade deadline.

Trade AK46 and Weber for tootoo and a 2nd round pick.

Go hard after Shane Doan and Brandon Prust.

and go from there next year. Still some holes to fill but at least we are tougher and have a backbone to build on with two 1st rounders in the bag to build on. Hopefully our pick is top 7 and we draft a big promising center.