View Single Post
Old
12-22-2011, 11:40 PM
turkinaa

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
This isnt true though. JVR started the season with Jagr and Giroux, and honestly he was the weak point on that line. He play didnt match Giroux and Jagr's who seemed to have the puck possession into the zone and passed it to each other.

JVR then got moved to Briere's line, with Voracek moving to a line with Read and Talbot. It was only within the pat 5-10 last games that JVR got put on a line with Talbot and Voracek. And you say he needs better linemates. Voracek is producing at the same pace with the same linemates (mostly Talbot and Read).

What pisses me off the most is, his get to the blueline and chestsnipe it, and the go down the wing and try the wraparound which I think he only has scored on it once in his career and he does a few times a game.
I think that he hasn't been healthy all season which has affected his ability to play regardless of what line he is on. Take this as you will but 21 games out of 28 JVR has played 16:30 or less a game (including many between 12 and 14 mins). That just seems like he has spent most of the season shuffling between lines with limited PP time. He also already sat out due to injury this season and one game for Lavy not liking how he was playing. What it comes down to is probably his play habits have changed while being hurt and he falls back to doing things he shouldn't be doing. Generally though JVR, if healthy, should be getting 1st/2nd line duty over 3rd much like how Couturier shouldn't be playing on the 4th line when he was healthy. Give the kid a break.

turkinaa is offline   Reply With Quote