View Single Post
Old
12-23-2011, 01:31 AM
caley

vCash: 500
I/Dreger never said anything about Getzlaf being dealt for picks and prospects. I think the only way Getzlaf gets dealt is in a basic big-time deal, talent for talent. Rather than a rebuild, it would be something massive and plan-altering, such as moving the slower, bigger Getzlaf for someone of equal stature but either at a different position or of different skillset (i.e. size for speed), such as Getzlaf for Patrick Kane (Size/skill up the middle for dynamic speed/scoring), Getzlaf for Myers (Size/skill up the middle for a potential franchise defenceman), Getzlaf for Kesler (Big playmaking center for a big scoring center), or Getzlaf for Strome and Okposo (Replacing Getzlaf's size with Okposo's and adding a skilled speedy center). I'm not saying any of those deals are bang-on value-wise, nor that any of them are likely to occur/remote possibilities, I'm saying those are the kind of deals it's going to take to move Getzlaf, not something like Getzlaf for Paajarvi, Petry and a 1st.

I don't think Anaheim's looking to rebuild here, just change things that aren't working for something different.