View Single Post
Old
12-23-2011, 01:57 AM
I am the Liquor
finger sniffer

vCash: 1271
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
The team needs a guy like Smyth. They don't miss his 20 game invisible streak though. You would think he'd learn that after ao long. Come flying out of the gates and then boom...he's gone.

A guy like Knuble or Holmstrom would be great. I doubt either of them leave their teams though. Especially Holmstrom.
Well the way I see it there is a surplus of offensive dmen and toughness in the bottom six. There are also some pretty good prospects and of course there are always draft picks in the upcoming drafts.

There are a lot of options with how to go about this. There is some cap space and seeing as how the season is half over already, it effectively doubles. So there really is no excuse not to address it. Wait too long and you could miss the playoffs. Im sure they will wait a bit and see how Sutter pans out. They are probably hoping it will fix itself (lack of scoring) but I think that could be a fool's game.

Go out and get someone now, before someone else does. I would at the very least inquire if the Ducks and Selanne would be open to the possibility of making a deal. Imagine him with Kopitar and Brown. Or go down the list of teams that are on the bottom and make some inquiries. Carter from Cbus? Ruutu from Carolina? Hemsky from Edmonton? Kostitsyn or Cammy from Montreal? Iginla from Calgary?

There are teams in desperate situations that could be motivated. There are a few possible options available. Something needs to be done.

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote