View Single Post
Old
12-23-2011, 10:38 AM
kingpest19

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
I do.

Yet the guy can't hit the broadside of a barn on the powerplay?

It is. This was the 13th straight game without three or more goals (shootout goals don't count in totals). That's a franchise record, the old record was nine under the brief John Torchetti-era. I don't know if it's an NHL record, but it's certainly got to be getting up there, at least in terms of a modern day record since the forward pass was allowed. Chances, more shoots, controlling of the play, etc. can only go so far. We need to start scoring more goals.

It's one game. Sutter won't change 20 men's instinctive play in a few days. Btw, Brown's was nice, they drove the centre of the ice and Brown could have come hard to the net but elected to go for the quick shot, which obviously was right decision.

We miss Smyth for his net presence, but not his cap hit or on the top two lines. Everyone on this board said he'd go into a funk when he was hot for the Oilers early on, and they were right. Finally scored a goal last night after 11 games without and has four points in his last 12 games.

Minus the cap hit, I'd want Smyth for his willingness to go to the dirty areas and stand in front of the net. We need that. But he'd be mostly a PP guy and other than that on the 3rd line. We are missing something, I agree, but not as much as perhaps you are thinking/implying.

You'd think he could find a better way/time to do it than that. Tell him on the plane.

?

No it's not. Richardson has done jack all this season. Him and Lewis played so bad that TM scratched them from games, and TM scratches no one. He has one point (a goal) in the last 24 games. Westgarth has done more. And Richardson has played 13+ minutes in 16 of the 25 games he's played, so it's not like he's riding the pine all game.

Him and Lewis have been the biggest dissapointments on this team outside of maybe Penner, and even Penner is showing something lately.

Richardson should be traded or waived IMO.
No TM didnt scratch the guys who needed it, he scratched the guys who werent impact players because apparently its easier to scratch those guys than the guys who deserved to be scratched.

kingpest19 is offline   Reply With Quote