View Single Post
Old
12-23-2011, 11:20 AM
RainingRats

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
That's fandom. I completely get that we can look at the same plays and perceive them differently, I respect your opinion on this, but i think last night and overall clemmer is just a serviceable backup at best. I think he will cost us points where the available option of Markstrom won't. And if that makes the difference at the end of the year that will be tragic.

As to why I ask to keep the development aside, because that's simply another subjective argument as to where Markstrom is best served; I'm just flushing out one issue at a time.

Clemmer has earned at least a point in every start. Markstrom had a couple of weak games, iirc, towards the end of his stay up here. We've had a sample of Markstrom and he's shown flashes of brilliance. It's exciting to think about him playing but he'll be riding the bench and it's not easy to come in when you don't play often and start. Clemmer when you compare him to the other backups is in the top 1/3, top 1/2 at worst. Maybe Theo has been just that good that he skews the perspective of how Clemmer has played. Clemmer is getting us points. That's all that really matters.

Theo has a .923 save % and a 2.31 GAA. Those are very very good numbers. This is probably why people think Clemmer is so bad. Theo is one of the top goalies this year.