View Single Post
Old
12-23-2011, 12:07 PM
Brad Doty
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
I feel like I watched a different game than a lot of you. I didn't expect to see a night and day difference with only 2 practice days with Sutter, but the Kings were definitely a different team out there against the Ducks. Sure, they only scored 2 goals again, but it will take a couple of weeks for the team to adjust away from Murrays "dot-to-board" game. Many more shots in the scoring zone last night and a lot of them were off forced turnovers.

They carried the play into the zone much more frequently, they turned over pucks in the offensive zone with a tenacious fore-check. It will take some time for this to become instinctual for them, they still hesitate in the offensive zone and this costs them some great chances.

Watching a coach behind the bench that interacts with this players and coaches during games is awesome to see.

Tonight is a good test for the Kings, Niemi has been one to let in a few soft goals. If the Kings keep going strong on the fore-check, they will get some great chances tonight against the Sharks. This is a game where the Kings can’t give away the bonus point, they need to win in regulation to help close the gap.

I was happy with the effort against the Ducks and felt that Lewis and Richardson added some much needed speed to the Kings top 9.
This, and I saw something last night I haven't seen from a Kings team in years--attacking in transition instead of cycling back into their own zone to set up a breakout every time! We have players that can improvise, so it's time to take advantage once in a while.

It was very nice to see emotion, grit, and speed. And our defensemen seem to have the leash released a bit--Doughty was in deep several times, and man, did Voynov ever look confident on the attack.

Brad Doty is offline   Reply With Quote