View Single Post
Old
12-23-2011, 01:18 PM
Vito Andolini

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Im not going to bash Jagr - he was fun to watch the majority of his time here.

But the reality of it is his time here was just a band-aid for the organization. Your argument that the team "changed" while he was here is simply untrue. In fact, it was just "more of the same" with the ridiculous Gomez/Drury/Redden signings. It just happened to be masked a bit by Jagr's supreme talent, which was on the decline by his final season.

I also cant understand the logic of compounding the problems with the aforementioned ridiculous signings by giving a +35 Jagr a multi-year deal worth $7M+, making the situation an even bigger problem.

A better argument can be made that the team really started to "change" when he left.
I didn't make an argument that the team changed while he was here. I'm simply stating that I'm not going to get all bent out of shape about him leaving & the circumstances around it, because at this point, it's over and done with and the team has changed and moved forward.

The comment about compounding mistakes by giving Jagr a multi year deal is a very one sided way of looking at things. From the Rangers POV, sure what you're saying makes plenty of sense. From Jagr's POV, things look different. He's the captain. He's the leading scorer. He's the skater that the team leans on. Why shouldn't his salary reflect this? If the Rangers decided to blow their cap load on Drury, Gomez & then Redden, that's their problem. When he saw he wasn't a priority, he moved on.

Vito Andolini is offline   Reply With Quote