View Single Post
Old
11-04-2003, 08:34 PM
Hab-a-maniac

vCash: 500
The proof there's something wrong

Is in how we had players in Hamilton that outshone other former Bulldogs now with the oilers. Yet when they are all playing in the big show, it's the Oilers rookies who get the job done: Pisani, Sarno, Salmalainen, Stoll, Bergeron. The system in Montreal is terrible for young players because no one takes enough initiative or leadership and the vets are overabundant. The talent level is just not there to support our rookies either which is why we see guys like Hossa, Ryder, Hainsey, Komisarek and Ward not put much on the board while those (mostly) inferior Oiler prospects chip in and look good out there. In this league, it's just so much harder to go from a bad to a good team than it is to fall from being a good one to being bad. When I see the Oilers rookies excel, it just frustrates me and makes me more puzzled as a disgruntled Habs fan. The fans at the Bell Centre are not getting their money's worth. Those first two games, 4-1 and 5-1 wins, are the only sources of entertainment. When they won against Detroit and the Islanders, it was boring trap games and now they're losing... bad. Geez, put them up against the two teams they uspet, Det. and NYI and you'll see a mighty ass-whupping off the 6-2, 5-1, 4-0 variety. And not creating much either. I'm glad I don't pay to see Hab games, because if it's as bad to watch on TV as it is to watch live, I feel those fans have every right to boo the team. Or to boo guys like Audette, Perreault, Rivet, Zednik, Dackell and Quintal for not doing jack out there.