The habs are gonna have a wonderful 2nd half of season
View Single Post
12-23-2011, 01:54 PM
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hockey Mecca
Originally Posted by
i'm feeling you...
Molson has the holidays to step back, take a look at the big picture.
- Cans Gauthier
- Returns Gainey to Florida
- Names Timmins interim GM, clear mandate
to move any veteran asset not named Tomas or Erik for the best return offered
- we see all of Cammalleri, Gomez, Gill, Campoli, Kaberle traded by the deadline
- young inexperienced team struggles but eventually goes on a tear to finish the season either just in the playoffs (thanks largely to Price playing at Hart trophy level & carrying team on his back).
- team wins first round shocker vs Flyers/Bruins before losing in hard fought second round
- season ends with enthusiasm and excitement for the future as young assets establish themselves as core that can be built into a contender
Timmins would get the same mandate as PG and BG. Any GM would get the same mandate, and in turn, you'll hate every GM we'll get (after some time) because you have zero understanding of were the ultimate volition lies. You essentially have zero realistic pragmatism. The rest that follows shows just how delusional you are. If they make those trades, Habs will surely not make the playoffs, which is the absolute opposite of Molson's imperative.
You better quit the Habs right now, because they will always be stuck in this process. The only way out is an unintended bad season to get a high pick, a situation were they are almost 100% sure that they aren't gonna make the playoffs when trade deadline comes around.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by Ozymandias