View Single Post
Old
12-23-2011, 02:08 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostik View Post
One of the worst, most misleading post I've read here this year.
It's ok not to like the guy(JJ), but to make up stuff like this?
And only losers wishes to finish at the bottom to have good position at the draft.
Good teams find the way to be contenders even with late round draft picks.
If you're going to accuse me of making stuff up, how about you tell me what it is? I didn't make anything up. And if you think good teams find ways to be contenders even with late round draft picks, then I guess you shouldn't look at the NHL standings, where virtually every team at the top has very high draft picks playing huge roles for their teams.

I never said you can't be a good team without high picks, I just said it'll take you much longer. I'd rather not see **** teams get bounced early in the playoffs and instead not have to wait 5 more years to see a good, young team that is going somewhere. There are a number of reasons that 2011-12 is the first time the Rangers have iced a good, young team that is heading to good things for years to come, and Jagr is one of the biggest reasons it took this long. We could have gotten to this point a lot faster if we had never acquired Jagr.

And I don't dislike Jagr, per se. He's an incredible player. One of the greatest players of all-time. I just don't really care for players that only play hard when they feel like it.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote