View Single Post
Old
11-04-2003, 09:07 PM
oildrop

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seachd
I don't want to call this a rumour, but not a proposal either. So I'll call it speculation. Anyway, it may or may not have something to do with Comrie. Feel free to move it if it's necessary.

A radio show in Edmonton had Phoenix reporter Bob McManaman on today, and when the host brought up Krys Kolanos, McManaman said not to be surprised if Kolanos becomes an Oiler one day. The host asked if he thought Comrie would be involved, and he basically said he has no idea, but he does know that Lowe and Barnett have talked (I think he said in the last couple days). He also said that he thinks Friday might be a good day for a trade to happen. It was actually pretty bizarre and very vague.

I wouldn't take anything from it, but it's another log on the fire.
Yeah, it sounded like he took John Short by surprise too. Then after the interview John Short said something about how Bob McManaman just tells it like it is. I guess we'll find out soon enough if this is an accurate rumour by the Pheonix reporter.

Maybe this is part of the same rumour that one of other local guys here in Edmonton has heard. He said(I think it was Ron Rimmer) that the Oilers would be trading soon and Comrie wasn't neccessarily the guy involved. But I don't have a link or anything from that.