Thread: Post-Game Talk: Leafs @ Isles | Leafs win 5-3
View Single Post
Old
12-23-2011, 08:50 PM
Ari91

vCash: 500
Ugly win. Team got too complacent after going up 3-0 quickly into the game. Reimer had issues with his rebounds tonight but made the saves when he needed to get the win. The team got sloppier as the game went on so I guess the silver lining here is that they managed to win despite the adrenaline fading but the bad news is that with their schedule, if they don't find a way to overcome these short turnaround games and play more solid through those kind of games, they're going to find themselves in trouble...especially come February and March where they'll be battling for a playoff spot and will have maybe 7-8 back to backs. Brutal but the only option is to figure it out somehow.

Bozak had an awesome game. Kadri also with a great game. Nice to see him get another goal tonight. He's definitely making his case. Frattin also impressed me as well. Actually, I thought our 4th line did a really good job. From what I can recall, they didn't spend much time in their own end and kept the Isles on their toes whenever they were out there on the ice.

Ideally it would've been nice to see Ottawa and NJ lose tonight but thankfully they haven't lost anything in the standings. By the way, NJ has won 42% of their games via shootout. That's ridiculous.

Ari91 is offline   Reply With Quote