Thread: Mark Recchi??
View Single Post
Old
12-12-2005, 11:29 AM
Jester

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedifr
Please dont get me wrong, I am not lumping Stevenson with Brashear. I was just curious how the salaries worked out. We are having problems with scoring other than the first line and I would much rather have Recchi who will give 60-70 points on the 2nd line then Brashear who is a complete waste, especially for the money, and Stevenson who is valuable for what he does, but he is a 4th liner and at the salary he is making, to me that is too much these days. Plus he never plays more than 60 games a year and it is much easier to replace someone like him then getting a 2nd line scorer. I think his lack of speed hurts him in the new NHL as well. Remember, he was on NJ, the ultimate clutch and grab team.

Either way, thanks for all the info on Recchi. I dont want to start any debates on anything, just looking for info.
we were getting good production from the Sim/Richards/Handzus combo when that was what we were going with. we've had a LOT of injuries. getting good/consistent secondary scoring when that is going on is going to be tough. don't judge our team offense until we're healthy...