View Single Post
Old
12-24-2011, 09:16 AM
CapnCornelius

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithBWhittington View Post
This is what I'm thinking as well, I can't think of anything between these two teams that would constitute an room dynamic-shattering trade, which is what we'd need... No offense to Nikitin and Letestu, those were nice, minor moves, but those moves weren't so involved that they were prompting or demanding culture change all on their own. I'm not sure if our GM has the skill or has the will to try to put together a multi-team, multi-player deal that can address our compete level and shocking the culture in the lockerroom down to its core.

I don't know if this team is lucky enough to be able to unload salary free and clear, whatever they get back will most likely be player(s) with bad contracts that have no desire to be "part" of any solution here. In other words, moving CBJ players for CBJ players.
Which is why an "imminent" trade seems unlikely. The easiest time to unload salary will be closer to the trade deadline when the cap consequences are lower. Beyond which, if this ownership group has any clue, they' shouldn't be allowing this GM to do anything until Patrick has examined the current situation more closely.