View Single Post
Old
12-24-2011, 12:46 PM
Seth Lake

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds Partisan View Post
Not complaining, but when I heard that this summer I kept thinking that the much better arrangement was to keep the building setup as is since there is so much energy and activity on any given night in that direction with the existing buildings and businesses. To flip it the other way seems much more artificial and "dead" when they'll be focusing on a convention center that has a very different flow of people and atmosphere. Seems counter intuitive to me.
I agree, but am waiting to see how they do it...

I think part of the Nashville Predators game experience is in fact walking in off Broadway with all the lights and life going on out there and exiting onto Broadway with all the energy right there to be had.

I'm assuming that they will leave the current entrance to the arena open, but will be making the other side of the building more enticing to some to enter over there. IMO, it's another open canvas for Cogen, Henry, and ownership to use to continue to make Bridgestone Arena one of the top facilities in North America and that's what excites me the most...

Anyone else ever notice that every time you step into the arena it seems that there are more Predators logos and gold around the building? I do! I LOVE IT! You can no longer walk into Bridgestone Arena for any event and not know who the primary tenants of the building are. While the arena was nameless (between GEC and Sommet) Pete Weber used to refer to the building as a number of things, but the one that I liked the best and believe they are growing into was "The HOP" - meaning The Home of the Predators.

Exciting times ahead...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote