View Single Post
Old
12-24-2011, 12:30 PM
egd27
#freethebigpicture

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfanz View Post

By stating that Ron Wilson should be extended, you are saying that he is the best option for the Leafs going forward. Really? No better options than a career .500 coach with little playoff success and no Stanley Cup wins as player or as a coach? So Ron Wilson knows what it takes to be a winner then? So the Leafs must not look any further as their coach is clearly the guy who will bring results?

A very interesting perspective indeed. I wonder if you would settle for this mediocrity at the goaltending level?
It is a very interesting perspective, however it is not mine.

I did not state that RW should be extended, and I don't believe he should be. I also don't believe he should be fired mid season for having the team pretty much where they were expected to be.

If you're interested, my perspective is that RW should finish the season (provided they are in a playoff hunt) and any further contract discussions should be held at that point. I don't think he'll be back next year unless they the win a round, in which case it may be hard to justify his dismissal.