View Single Post
Old
12-24-2011, 01:07 PM
Gardner McKay
Cupcake schedule.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbackatu View Post
The team is completely buying in to what Tort's is preaching and they're playing as well as they possibly can right now. With all the injuries to key defensemen, I believe we are bound to hit a collective wall because certain guys are playing a lot more minutes than they are used to. I wouldn't get overly excited right now; like Torts said, "They don't hand out playoff spots or home ice on dec.23rd." Beating teams like the Flyer, Pens and Bruins(who we haven't e seen yet and who shellacked the Flyers 6-0 at their place last week) in a grueling best of seven playoff series is a hell of a lot different than beating them in regular season games. To answer your question, we are getting close but we are not nearly ready to handle the above three teams in the playoffs until we get another legit goal scorer with size(Ryan?) and our defense gets completely healthy.
It must be a Christmas miracle because I actually agree with you. If I remember correctly we didn't do well against the Piles in 1993-1994 regular season but we swept them in the playoffs.

Playoff series are different from regular season play. Especially against a team like Boston who truly has it all. Scoring, defense and goaltending. I believe this team has what it takes when they are healthy. However if our defense stays as porous as it is right now I believe we could most likely make it past the first round but that would be all. If we go up against the Bruins in the playoffs we need to be completely healthy or we will get demolished.

Gardner McKay is offline   Reply With Quote