View Single Post
Old
12-24-2011, 01:33 PM
seventieslord

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrx View Post
Richard is a centre and Lundström is a winger, dont know where you get your information from.
Lundstrom is listed as a LW at SIHR, hockey-reference, legendsofhockey, nhl.com, and in his extensive Kings Of the Ice bio. hockeydb doesn't have a position listed.

Richard, in my TOI files, is listed as LW for every season he played, except the 1981 season where he is a RW. In 1981 when he had 100 points, he earned 17 all-star voting points as a RW and 5 as a LW, none as a center. SIHR, nhl.com, hockey-reference, all list him as LW.

if you check his teams season by season on hockey-reference, it goes LW, RW, LW, LW, LW, C, LW, RW, RW, C.

In the official handbook of pro hockey, he is listed as LW in 1974 and 1975, RW in 1976, LW in 1977, 1978, 1979, and 1980, C in 1981, and LW in 1982 and 1983.

hockeydb does list him as a center though.

conclusion: he played the majority of his career as a LW, and his finest season was as a RW. Clearly his least significant position (48 pts in 96 games if hr is to be believed) is center and he should not play there in an all-time context unless it's an injury juggling situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring Back Scuderi View Post
D Bob Woytowich

x1 NHL ASG ('70)
2 years of minor AST votes (1 vote in '68, 2 votes in '70)

Two-way defender logged a ton of minutes for often poor teams. He played on both specialty teams and should reprise those roles for Traktor.
Dang. There are quite a few guys like this out there, who played big roles for those bad expansion teams and then faded. I see now that he's better than them. I knew he averaged 24.77 minutes over 350 games... not too shabby. I didn't know about the ASG and the few all-star votes though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDevilMadeMe View Post
I was so not impressed by Marty when we looked at him for the AAA. Maybe he's a good pick here though.... I dunno
yeah, I see him as a useful spare, but I can't see him putting him in my starting lineup, even at this level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanIslander View Post
The Minutemen select 5'7 165 lbs. forward Art Somers
for comparison's sake:

Don Gallinger's best 5 percentage seasons:

77, 52, 47, 42, 18

Murray Armstrong: 84, 55, 52, 50, 43

Somers: 52, 50, 39, 19, 11.

Gallinger, it seems, is more or less just one decent season behind Armstrong (Armstrong's scores are just a teensy bit higher for the top-4 years).

Somers has a top-3 seasons that matches up fairly well with Gallinger and Armstrong's 2nd-4th best, but he lacks that one big season they have.

oh, and Tom Cook: 66, 60, 59, 50, 48. I would say that despite lacking Armstrong's one big season, he almost bridges the gap with his consistency.

Last edited by seventieslord: 12-24-2011 at 01:54 PM.
seventieslord is offline   Reply With Quote