View Single Post
Old
11-05-2003, 03:58 AM
Fletch

vCash: 500
Good analysis Singin'..

I thought it was a great time for a great game. One, they're coming off a letdown at home against the Avs. They rebounded and preserved a shutout against one of the best teams in the league...with a backup, and without Poti, Nedved and Lindros. Shows a bit of mettle, hopefully for this team. Additionally, the 1851 and 1852 monkeys are off this team's back, and there's no worries about trying to get Mess a point (although Barnaby used that wisely to his advantage to get a goal of his own).

I was impressed by the entire Holik line. Carter played very well and Rucinsky was effective. Holik's been the guy this team paid for way back when.

Mess' line played well, especially Barnaby, yet Simon was quiet.

I thought Kovalev had a solid game, and an especially solid game in his own end. His defensive play has improved dramatically and his head now appears to be in the game. Glad to see him get the primary helpers on both Messier goals.

Moore played quite well, despite a bad giveaway in his zone. Healy was fine and I thought Lacouture and Healy played well.

One defense...there wasn't the scraambling in the defensive zone, but they weren't winning the battles in the second half either. Leetch doesn't know the system, as he's used to running around as he's done the last six seasons. He looks lost right now. M&M actually played prety well, I thought. Kaspar had a very good game, solid and physical, and I thought Bouchard too played well. deVries is an enigma to me. He seems to get beat very often, but seems to make up for it. Actually, this whole team seems to get beat a lot, often closing the gap, but it's a dangerous game.

Surprised Manny was a healtyh scratch against his old 'mates.

Jussi...what do you say when a backup goalie stymies a high-scoring team? Can't ask for anything more than that.